Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Empties!


Time for the monthly installment of stuff I actually used up! Very exciting for me, although I should stop buying 12 things for every 1 I finish.


So here's the good, bad and the meh of what I've used this month.



My Beauty Diary Lemon Vit C Mask- Loved it!! It definitely made my skin glow and radiant. 


Boots Coconut and Hibiscus Body Wash-This smelled so great, and was cheap to boot! Not a cheap coconut, like sun tan lotion or Malibu, but a rich tropical smell. Would rebuy.



Origins Zero Oil Toner- This toner made my skin matte and had a nice clean astringent feeling after using it. 


Lancome Visionnarie sample- Love this stuff, will be so sad when my sample packet stash runs out, but I would definitely consider buying full sized. It makes my pores look great, my skin feel smooth.


Lioele Dr. Ampoule Pore Tightening- Samples I got from Beauteque. Love this stuff, it's my favorite ampoule I've tried. Definitely makes my pores look smaller, although not permanently. Would buy full sized.


Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser. This stuff smells amazing. Like, I'm not sure it really did too much for my skin, but it smelled so good I would rebuy anyway. I used it at night, since the scent was very calming and nice to fall asleep to.


Dr. Jart BB Cream. This was the one in the black tube. I am not a big BB cream person, but I did like this one as a base, on which I added more coverage concealer and powder foundation wise. I don't know if I would personally buy it again, because I like TonyMoly BCDation better for a BB Cream, but I like this one and would recommend it. 


Now on to the bad ://




My Beauty Diary Under Eye Care Hydrogel Patch-I love MBD's face masks, but their eye care patches do nothing for me. This one was just meh to me. 


The second MBD eye mask I tried. Dark Circles Intensive Care Eye Mask. Didn't do a thing for my dark circles. It also bothered my lower lash line and lashes. I would only recommend it if you have parched under eye skin.


Glamglow BrightMud Eye Treatment- I know Glamglow is a big hyped product right now, and I do like the White Glamglow, but the Black Glamglow and the BrightMud aren't worth their price tags.  BrightMud is an under eye mask and is supposed to help dark circles. Didn't do that, but it didn't irritate my eyes like the MBD eye patches did. If anyone knows of a good eye mask, let me know in the comments!!


Sally Hansen InstaDri Nail Polish that I don't know the name of because the sticker fell off. Wouldn't rebuy, it was a streaky mess that need 3 or more coats to cover the nail line.


This was part of a gift set I got at a work Secret Santa. Didn't have any smell, floral or not, and didn't effervesce or really add anything to my bath. Wouldn't rebuy.



Wild Cherry Blossom Shampoo and Conditioner from Suave. Yep, this didn't smell like cherry blossoms, which was the only reason I bought it. Wouldn't rebuy.




 Sample of Garnier's new Fructis Marvelous oil. There are 3 different varieties and this one is the Deep Nourish one. It smelled amazing, but left my hair feeling greasy. I would try one of the other varieties, but not this one. If your hair is really really dry, this might be worth a try.



Benefit Eye Cream sample. Didn't improve my eye area, especially under eye circles which are my biggest eye concern. Just meh.


Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser. This is a tingly cream cleanser. It's a bit thick feeling, and it didn't really help my acne. Just meh.

Anybody find any new loves or loathes this August?


XOXO 

CC


No comments:

Post a Comment