Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Flirty and Feminine with Urban Decay's Feminine Palette

Hello Beauties!


While browsing Urban Decay's website, I noticed that the Feminine, Fun and Dangerous Palettes were $16! I think this is half off from the original price.

Today I was feeling a little more girly and wanted the use the more subdued (for Urban Decay!) shades in the Feminine Palette.

The Palette itself is gorgeous, a fun sparkly purple with a black lace motif.  It is zippered, and the makeup removes from the magnetized center to leave you with a reusable pouch. There's a little mirror, but it, like most palette mirrors, is fairly useless as it lays flat thus making it hard to use.

Closed

Open



Make Up Portion Removed


The Palette contains 6 shades and a mini lipgloss. Four of the shades are more subdued neutrals, but they are two pops of jewel toned shades to add some spice to your looks.

Shades include Bordello, Skimp, AC/DC, Gunmetal, Hijack, Lost and a Lip Junkie in Wallflower.

Bordello is pinkish mauve. It appeared satiny on the lid, not glittery.

 Skimp is an eggshell off white with a hint of gold glimmer. On my eyes it looked like a fine light buttery yellow gold. Gorgeous for highlighting or inner eye brightening.


 

AC/DC is a jewel toned purple. On my eyes it had a bit of a pink sheen to it in certain lights. Gorgeous purple without looking bruised or tired on my eyes.



Gunmetal is shimmer gray with a bit of silver glitter in it. The glitter catches the light, but is not overwhelming. I did not notice any fallout from this shade.


Hijack is a unique green toned teal.  In certain lights, it has a deep smoky hue to it, making it a color I wasn't able to dupe in my stash.


Lost is medium brown shimmer that turns a touch copper in some lights. 

Swatches with Flash. From left to right, Lost, Hijack, Gunmetal, AC/DC, Skimp, Bordello.

No flash, indoor lighting. From top to bottom-Lost, Hijack, Gunmetal, AC/DC, Skimp, Bordello




All of the shades are the superb buttery pigmented quality Urban Decay afficionados have come to love.

The lipgloss is ok, I don't think the color really comes through on my lips. I did feel a minty tingly feeling when the gloss is first applied, but I didn't notice any plumping. The color is a flat nude pink.  The applicator is a slant tip squeeze applicator, not a brush. The lip is really cute with the intricate cut outs.



Swatched on my hand.


The eyeshadows last about 5 hours without primer on my lids before creasing. The lipgloss I got about 2 hour wear without eating or drinking.

One Night Stand or Steady Relationship?

Totally in love. I would marry Urban Decay if I could, I have not meet a palette or product that I've been disappointed in yet. UD is the most reliable thing in my life right now <3


How do you loves feel about Urban Decay? What's the steady makeup love in your life?

xoxo

CC

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the swatches! I can't wait until mine comes :-)

    Ohhh my steady make-up love? It's so hard because I'm a cheater (have favorite different things with each brand), but if I had to pick only one, I'd go with Bobbi Brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never actually tried anything from Bobbi Brown. What would you recommend to a newbie?

      Delete