Saturday, February 1, 2014

Confession, I'm a NARSissist

Hey lovelies!

So I got my hot little hands on the NARSissist palette, and I'm here to swatch for you. I know the reviews are mixed, but I love it. The majority of the shades are buttery and pigmented, only taking a swipe through the pan to get a vibrant color. I didn't notice a problem with fall out or chalkiness, like some reviews said. I have had NARs palettes in the past that  had a slight decrease in quality compared to the singles, but I do not find that to be a problem here.

The palette is $79 at Sephora. It's pricey for a palette, but Nars shadows run $24 a pop, so if you were wanting to try at least 4 shades, it's definitely worth the price of admission.  The palette has 15 shades. The pans are  1g /.03 oz, which makes it the same size as the Chocolate Bar from Too Faced. I know some people were worried it was small, but I don't find it as tiny as it was made out to be.

When looking through my outlandish palette collection, I couldn't find a dupable palette. I know neutrals are all the rage, but I didn't find the color composition of this palette similar to any of the Nakeds or TF Chocolate Bar.

On to the swatches! This were all done over UD antiaging primer with a flat brush.



Size Comparison between the Too Faced Palette and the NARSissist Palette.


From L-R

Top Row: All About Eve I, Madrague II,  Fez, Bali
Bottom Row: Coconut Grove, Madrague I, Nepal, Ashes to Ashes
Natural Light

Indoor Light

Top Row: Brousse II, Mekong, Bellisima I, 
Bottom Row: Llasa, Bad Behavior, Dogon II, Pandora II

Indoor Light


Natural Light

I/II refers to the left and right sides of a duo.

The only two shades I had trouble with were Dogon II and Pandora II, the last two and darkest shades. They were a bit chalky and required a few more swipes to apply evenly.

One Night Stand or Steady Relationship?

Steady Relationship. This palette is an outstanding offer from NARS, and far superior to the quality of the palettes they've released before. Buttery, pigmented, this is the grown up sexy older sister to the Naked Palettes.

xoxo

CC


No comments:

Post a Comment